Tuesday, April 19, 2011

/// STEAL THIS :: T. REX

Again, I've fallen behind. But a dear friend rolled into town yesterday & I had entirely too much whiskey. However, I did spend part of the evening listening to T. Rex's "The Slider" on vinyl, which has inspired this post. (Therefore, my tardiness is beneficial to you.)

I first fell in love with T. Rex in high school as I was starting to come out of my angsty, riot-grrrl phase. My dear friend, Anne, had an obsession with all things British just like I did. (I had to make a diorama in the first grade about Great Britain and since that point, I've had an unhealthy interest in the Brits.) We would spend the majority of our time delving into British books, music, & film to the point where we would trade our gathered treasures in the mornings before school started so we could swoon over our new discoveries. It was in front of her locker before first period that she handed me a copy of T. Rex's "Electric Warrior". And there, my love for T. Rex and Marc Bolan was born.

Enough of my nonsense. Run out of listen to "The Slider" over & over again. It is absolutely phenomenal. Listen to "Electric Warrior" too. Marc Bolan will enchant you. (He's, like, number one on my posthumous love interest list.)


T. REX :: TELEGRAM SAM



BONUS :: MARC BOLAN + DAVID BOWIE (+ MARC BOLAN FALLING OFF THE STAGE + GIGGLES)

No comments:

Post a Comment