Thursday, July 21, 2011

/// STEAL THIS :: ANIMAL COLLECTIVE

Two posts in one day? It must mean I'm still (f)unemployed. I figured I should try to keep to my music schedule.

Up now: Animal Collective. Because I'm spoiled, I saw them last week too at Mr. Small's in Pittsburgh. Animal Collective has been one of my absolute favorites for a while now, which is why I kind of lost my shit during the show. (It's also a good thing I didn't do any drugs because I was all high from their energy & their ridiculous visuals. There were plenty of dude bros tripping, though.) Basically, it was the best show I've seen in... a long time. I mean, I see a lot of fucking fantastic shows, but this one. Whoa. If you get it, you get it.

(They didn't play "The Purple Bottle", but I'm not surprised. I really would have died. It was primarily new, unreleased material with some oldies thrown in, including "Did You See the Words" & "Brothersport".)







No comments:

Post a Comment