Wednesday, March 14, 2012

/// BETTER THAN SOMETHING

(Oof, I tried to post this yesterday, but got shut down by my internet. Not cool. Also, East coasters, we are back to being 3 hours apart and it's ruining my timing of. . . everything. Apologies.)

Finally, after waiting patiently for a very long time, I was able to see the Jay Reatard documentary, Better Than Something, at the Film Bar in Phoenix on Sunday. It was just as wonderful as I had hoped it would be. I laughed, I cried, I gained a new appreciation for one of the musicians I completely adore. The film really goes deeper than Jay's angry, pissed off exterior. It truly is touching, heartbreaking, and inspiring at the same time. I am so grateful to Alex Hammond and Ian Markiewicz for making this film. (Yes, I am a fan girl. I do not care.)

If the film stops in your city, it is absolutely worth seeing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment