Thursday, September 15, 2011

/// STEAL THIS :: JAPANDROIDS + BASS DRUM OF DEATH

So guys, on Labor Day, I did not labor. But I did go see Japandroids + Bass Drum of Death at the Trunk Space here in Phoenix. I intended to go just for Bass Drum of Death because I was under the impression I hated Japandroids. (Turns out I had them confused with another band. Still, their performance was enough to disprove that belief anyway.) I had been jonesin' for a hot, sweaty, balls to the wall show for a while -- and I was not disappointed. It wasn't just the 100+ degree heat & a small space packed full of people; it was some seriously awesome energy from both bands. I do wish it hadn't taken so long for a mosh pit to form. (C'mon, Phoenix kids! Get into it!) Bonus: Japandroids closed with a Gun Club song. (Uh, yeah. That sealed the deal for me.)



FACEBOOK | MYSPACE


FACEBOOK | MYSPACE

No comments:

Post a Comment