Friday, September 23, 2011

/// A BIRTHDAY PRESENT

I am a very fussy person; I always have been. Even though I don't put much stock in astrology, I could be the poster child for all the Virgos in the land. That said, one area I am particularly fussy about is clothing, accessories, jewelry, shoes. . . All that fun stuff. The only person who can successfully shop for me in my sister. So when I got a call from my dude last week saying my birthday present was on its way & he was calling to confirm I was a size small, I panicked. I couldn't bear the thought of having to fake like something. (I know this all sounds incredibly superficial, I KNOW. I'm not demanding; I just like what I like -- and I'm fussy about it.)

In the end, I did not even have to worry one bit: I tore into the package and yelped with excitement! He picked me out a gray leopard print cardigan (not pictured) and a very fun tan & black printed shirt. I promptly called him & yelled into the phone about how awesome he is for thirty seconds before he was able to interrupt to tell me he was at work. (Oops.)

So here's to my present -- and my dude.

Ps. I really am still this pale despite living in the desert for two months. I am a desert goth.


/// Top -- Forever 21, gift from the bf; shorts -- thrifted; jewelry -- miscellaneous

No comments:

Post a Comment