Monday, February 14, 2011

A Little Shameless Plugging.

A few weeks ago, my friend, Kasey, and I finally made plans to meet up & work out a plan to expand her business. I am honored to be working with such an amazing & talented lady.

In exchange for helping her & essentially being her intern, she's teaching me how to sew, which is so fun & terrifying. I barely passed Home Ec in high school so I studied so hard to be placed in the advanced French class so I wouldn't have to sew anymore. Now, I have a genuine desire to learn, even though it's still overwhelming & makes me incredibly anxious. Kasey, being so gracious and so patient, pushed me into making a simple dress while she directed me. I even got to use her fancy equipment!


VoilĂ ! My first sewing project. (Please excuse the dirty mirror. And the cat in the sink.) I've never felt so proud. I was like a child, running around, telling everyone I made something.

Lucky for you, the clothes Kasey makes for her own shop -- Kay Em Kay -- are much more refined & well done. Seriously. Go check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment